When we entered 2020 with “Celebrating Connection” as our theme, we had no idea how the events of the last several weeks would test that vision and stretch its borders. The ways we connect now are more socially distanced and more virtual, but we are have been encouraged by the dedication from our staff and community to weathering this storm together. We have always considered our farm your home for eating, gathering, learning, and exploring. So, while some of these activities have been limited, we have been working hard to ensure that as we gradually return to full capacity over the coming weeks and months, you will be welcomed back to an even better and safer Traders Point Creamery.
We have made the following changes over the last several weeks and will continue to uphold them…
- Revised our standard operating procedures to increase the frequency of our facility-wide deep clean.
- Required all staff to practice new social and physical distancing requirements.
- Added outside cleaning requirements to include daily cleaning and sanitizing of all benches, handrails, recycling bins and frequently used tools throughout the property.
- Revised our employee manuals to include training requirements for all human-to-human contact.
- Added new safety protocol measures for all vendors.
- Altered the restaurant layout to include additional spacing between tables.
- Our 1.5 mile Farm Trail remains open for a socially-distanced way to enjoy fresh air and nature’s beauty.
As we move toward our state’s mandated gradual reopenings, we are also taking steps to create an even more meaningful experience when you return. Here are some updates to increase your anticipation…
- The refresh to our dining room interior has continued as originally planned for this spring. Updated tables, chairs, lighting, and decor will complement our beautiful 1860s barn. Get ready to pull up a chair and enjoy a fresh new look!
- We installed a brand-new kitchen floor – which also means that every piece of equipment in the kitchen was removed and cleaned and all surfaces sanitized. Cleaner, safer, better for you and our staff.
- Our event spaces, both indoor and outdoor, are perfectly suited to intimate, smaller celebrations of under 50 people, and we are preparing for more of this kind of event in the months to come.
- Adding new and unique outside dining experiences to enjoy different spaces around our farm. Stay tuned!
As the vibrant life of spring is sweeping across our farm right now, we know greener and fresher days are ahead. We cannot wait to celebrate with you at an even better and more beautiful Traders Point Creamery. Be well, friends